FURA Mentor of the Year
About the Award
Nominate a Faculty Member
- This award recognizes one outstanding faculty mentor from across the state of Florida each year.
- The award is based on student nominations from among FURC presenters and is presented at FURC each year.
- Nomination letters are evaluated for evidence of the 10 Salient Practices of Undergraduate Research Mentors.
Nominate your mentor
To nominate your mentor, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate at a college or university in the state of Florida
- Be planning to present your work at FURC
- Have worked with the faculty member you are nominating for at least 2 semesters prior to Spring 2021
Are full-time professors, lecturers, or instructors at your institution.
See application for full instructions and eligibility.
2020 FURA Mentor of the Year Winner:
Dr. Luciana Garbayo
University of Central Florida
“I love working with students,” says Garbayo, assistant professor, College of Medicine. “The authentic desire to learn and the openness for self-discovery are integrated in the transformative path of the college student. It is invigorating to develop research together—it amplifies the learning experience for all involved.”